Pismo Creek Watershed
The Pismo Creek watershed drains about 47 square miles. The watershed’s tributaries include West Corral de Piedra, East Corral de Piedra, Cañada Verde and Cuevitas Creeks.
The Pismo Creek Estuary Enhancement Project investigated the critical issues affecting the Estuary and considered alternatives for improvement that would be supported by stakeholders. The project was funded by California Department of Parks and Recreation, Oceano Dunes District (State Parks).
The Project resulted in:
- an existing conditions report to support future construction design and permitting,
- a water quality evaluation report to describe the water quality status of the Estuary,
- conceptual designs for barrier dune and creek bank enhancements,
- a conceptual design and draft permit applications for a seasonal, pedestrian bridge,
- low impact development concepts for water quality improvements and
- key stakeholders and permit agency representatives engaged in concept development.
These outcomes are intended to support future estuary planning efforts.
Reports and surveys related to this watershed are available on the Documents page.